ITIN Home Loans
Scott English, Mortgage Broker, NMLS#133064
For individuals that do not have a social security number, such as an undocumented immigrant, and are looking to purchase a home, contact Scott English today to learn more about how he can help you find the right program for you. An ITIN home loan program does not require a social security number, so all you need is your ITIN Card (Individual Tax Identification Number) and you could be on your way to owning a home!
This simple program is easy to qualify for and we have helped many immigrants find a mortgage to purchase their dream home in the United States by using their ITIN number.
An ITIN number is used as an alternative form for identification, more specifically for those who do not have a social security number. Potential qualifiers will need a 2-year work history and can expect a down payment of 15-25%.
Is An ITIN Home Loan Right For Me?
- No social security number needed
- Proof of US residency is not required
- No need for traditional credit history
- Better rates than Hard Money Loans
- Can own a home in the United States without documentation
- Gift funds may be allowed to assist with a down payment
ITIN Home Loans Qualifications
The key points for an ITIN home loans are:
- Depending on your credit score, you put at least 15% down
- At least 2 years of tax returns must have been filed under your ITIN number
- At least 2 years of work history or self-employment
- 30-days worth of paystubs
- Bank statements can be used in place of tax returns for those who are self-employed
- Less than 50% debt-to-income ration might be required by some lenders
- A minimum of 600 or no credit score might be accepted
Types of Properties That Qualify For An ITIN Home Loan
As long as the following are used as your primary residence, the following property types are accepted:
- Single family homes
- 2-4 unit residential buildings
For those interested in a second home or a rental property, we can likely help you find a lender as well!
ITIN Loans Are Available For Self-Employed Individuals As Well!
If you have been self-employed for at least two years and have an ITIN number, you can find an ITIN home loan. Independent contractors with a 1099 form can qualify as well.
Individuals without tax returns will need to provide 12 months of bank statements, as these deposits will provide proof of income on your loan application.
Down Payment Requirements For An ITIN Home Loan
When determining the amount you have to put down for an ITIN home loan, your credit score and loan amount are the biggest factors that a lender will consider. Most often a minimum down payment of 20% is needed with excellent credit. In most cases, the higher your credit score and the higher the loan amount, the better chance you have to reduce your down payment.
A minimum down payment of 15% is required, but let us help you determine the best approach depending on your specific loan situation.
Interest Rates for ITIN Home Loans
While competitive, interest rates on ITIN loans are not as low as FHA loans. Though they are competitive, your specific ITIN loan rate will be closely tied to your credit score and down payment amount. A higher down payment combined with a high credit score will help you qualify for a lower rate.
California ITIN Home Loans
Many ITIN card holders in California who wish to purchase a home can find assistance with an ITIN home loan. California down payment requirements for an ITIN home loan are at least 20%, and Scott English can help you find the right lender to help you purchase or refinance. Give Scott a call today!